Monday, April 17, 2006

I am convinced NBA players are conspiring against me

It's amazing how fast guys go in the tank as soon as I pick them up. Okay, check this out:

Greg Buckner: 4 games before I picked him up
vs Utah: 13 pts, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 3-pter
vs Portland: 9 pts, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 5 steals, 1 3-pter
vs Golden State: 11 pts, 3 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 3-pters
vs LA Lakers: 12 pts, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 3-pters

Nothing special, right? Whatever. Stupid Sam Dalembert has been glued to the bench for two weeks now. Week or so left, I'm just trying to pick up whatever I can. Now look at the games since I picked him up:

Greg Buckner: 2 games since I picked him up
vs Sacto: 2 pts, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 0 steals, 1 block, 2 TOs, 0 3-pters, 20% shooting
vs Houston: 4 pts, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO, 0 3-pters

WTF? I'm not saying Buckner was an All-Star or anything, but the dude's fallen off the face of the earth! Good God! I'm trying to sneak into the top 3 of my league here!

I'll give you an even more extreme example:

Rashad McCants, 3 games before I picked him up
vs Atlanta: 28 pts, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals
vs Utah: 17 pts, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 3-pters
vs Charlotte: 14 pts, 4 rebounds, 1 3-pter

He's averaging 7.9 pts, 1.8 boards on the season, so clearly this is just some spare hitting a hot streak. Looks like a nice late season pickup, right?

Rashad McCants, 3 games after I pick him up
vs Memphis: 11 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 TOs, 1 steal, 0 3-pters
vs Houston: DNP, sprained ankle
vs Indy: DNP,sprained ankle

So great, dude gets hurt, that sucks but I can't keep him on my roster when I'm trying to pick up every point I can this late in the season. So, I drop him. The very next game:

Rashad McCants, vs San Antonio: 20 pts, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 3-pters

GAH!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home