Wednesday, August 10, 2005

jumping out a window won't help that ERA ranking

Okay, so recapping the season so far... I'm in 4th in one league, 9th in the other.

Boneheaded moves I've made:
  • Gave up on Javier Vázquez after 2 starts (37.80 ERA, 6.00 WHIP, no wins). He's now 9-10 with a 4.24 ERA & I'm scraping the bottom in almost all pitching categories.
  • Drafted Mark Loretta (16 HRs last year) to be my starting 2B. He's up to 1 homer now, but I dropped him long before he even got that.
  • Had 9-2 reliever Jesse Crain during his what might have been his only bad stretch (16.88 ERA, no wins) of the season.
  • Gave up on Tom Gordon (8.44 ERA, 2 K, no wins when I had him) pretty much directly before he remembered he didn't suck (5-4, 2.92 ERA, 52 K on the season).
  • Drafted Todd Helton (career .335 hitter, averaging 30-40 HR a year) in the first round. Those 11 HRs sure do look lovely sitting on the DL right now.
  • Yeah. Kevin Mench? Totally sitting on my bench for his 3 HR, 5 RBI game. This after a week of taking 0-fers & finally deciding to punish the guy. *facepalm*

A few of my good moves, so I don't cry:

  • Chris Carpenter (16-4, 2.26 ERA) in the 11th round. Boo-yah.
  • Dontrelle Willis (15-7, 2.87 ERA)in the 15th round. Double boo-yah.
  • Traded Kenny Rogers away the week before the cameraman fiasco.

So... can I really drop Greg Maddux? I mean, yeah, he hasn't won since July 10. And the Cubs keep losing games like 6-13. But the man has 313 career wins. I don't think I can do this.

Potential disaster tomorrow: Nate Robertson vs Gustavo Chacin, I own them both (yes, I'm well aware how sad that is, thanks). I'm only playing Chacin on account of Robertson has not allowed fewer than 5 runs a game since I picked him up. But usually when I take one pitcher over another I own, it means the one I didn't take is getting ready to try for a perfect game. This might be a great time to pick up Robertson if you're playing along at home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home