Saturday, August 13, 2005

"El Sucko" Brazobán loses closer job in LA, maintains undeserved spot on Ames' roster

I refuse to be the one who gave up on Brazobán when LA did & then missed out on however many saves he ends up getting when he rounds back into form & wins his job back when the Dodgers realize they have no other options. Enjoy the bench, Yhency.

The Rangers continue to lose, but on the bright side, Hideki Matsui & Jorge Posada apparently really, really like playing against them. Hey, I might as well get something out of these games. Meanwhile Kevin Mench, glued to my bench since the ASB, is now batting 8th in the order. I've got tickets to a game on their next homestand, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind, that a-hole.

Jeff Francoeur has another human night, dropping his average to around .400 & making me nervous that he's finally about to return to Earth. No, no, Jeff, you don't want to do that. Earth's no fun, trust me.

Today, let's look at my increasingly infuriating pitching situations. In the league where I'm 4th, here's how my staff looks:

  • reliable starters: Carpenter, Willis & Sheets
  • touch & go starters: Mussina, Arroyo & C. Lee
  • reliable relievers: K-Rod & B. Looper
  • idiot who lost his job but only after tricking Ames into buying into him: Brazobán

So clearly, while I have my issues w/offense in that league, no one is crying for me. However, always a source for tears is my staff in the league where I'm now 9th:

  • starter I drafted too high not to always start despite being just okay this season: Santana
  • unreliable, inconsistent, unproven & generally bad starters who are, at their core, the reason I started this blog so I can have somewhere to complain about them: Maddux, Chacin, Silva, Robertson, & J. Sosa
  • closer who has been okay, I guess, but is really a huge disappointment considering last season & who hardly ever gets to pitch b/c his team is too busy blowing leads before he gets a chance: F. Cordero
  • relievers I was forced to rely on off the waiver wire b/c all my other relievers either sucked & got dropped or had season-ending surgery (I'm looking at you, stupid Eric Gagne): Shields & Duchscherer
  • resident DL inhabitant who I wasted a draft pick on: Escobar

And now I want to go jump out a window. Other pitchers who collected big fat ERAs for me during the season include: Al "Threat to Retire In-Game" Leiter, "Don't Vote For" Pedro Astacio & amazingly, 3 other members of the Rangers opening day rotation, which I believe speaks to the depth of pitching woes in much the same way owning members of the Kansas City Royals not named Mike Sweeney speaks to a distinct inevitable failure in hitting categories.

Is starting Mike Mussina against the Rangers really a good idea? Probably not. But I'm going to do it anyway.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home